Brazosport Girls and Boys Beat LaMarque

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brazosport Girls and Boys Beat LaMarque

Rayleen was the hero Tuesday night against LaMarque; this picture is from a previous game.

Elliott Cundieff, Reporter

Tuesday night, the boys basketball team travled to LaMarque to take on the Cougars in a big district meeting. The game was a thriller to the end and Brazosport ended up coming up on top 64-61 against the #15 ranked team in the state. High scorers were Rayleen Bell with 23 points and 3 steals, Rito Carrizales with 8 points, and Aahmad King with 8 points. The highlight of the game was Rayleen Bell stealing the ball with 30 seconds left and converted an “And 1” play when the game was tied 61-61 which put the Exporters up by 3. The Exporters are now 1-0 in district.

Also, the Lady Exporters got the win against LaMarque last night in Freeport; winning 55-29. It was a great win for the Lady Exporters and a great start to their district season. High scorers were Mikaya Burton with 18 points, Treanna Johnson with 15 points, and Janiaya Johnson with 10 points.

About the Writer
Elliott Cundieff, Author

Hello, my name is Elliott. I am an author for The Anchor and a student here at Brazosport High School.

I am a 16 year old boy who is really in love...