What the BISD Bond means to Brazosport High School

Elliott Cundieff, Reporter

As of recently, there has been a lot of talk about this ‘BISD Bond’ and a lot of people are confused about what it means and what is going to happen if it gets passed. This bond is going to affect a lot of different schools. For example, if the bond gets passed, Brazoswood High School is going to get a brand new campus!  Brazosport High School is going to get a lot of new add-ons and changes to its campus and facilities.

The campus will be getting new replacement facilities such as; a new multi-sport athletic complex and new maintenance, transportation, & child nutrition support facilities.

The campus would also get some very significant facility renovations and improvements like some renovations to current campuses to address security lighting, drop off/pick up stacking lanes, life safety systems, mechanical and electrical systems, and ADA compliance.

New Career & Technical Education implementations will also take place if the bond passes. These implementations will include the expansion of CTE programs at Brazosport and Brazoswood High Schools including STEM, Manufacturing, Architecture/Construction, and Agriculture. Also there will be an implementation of new programs including Cosmetology at Brazosport High School, as well as Information Technology at both Brazosport High School and Brazoswood High School. There will also be facility improvements to offer hands-on real world opportunities and industry based certifications.

There will also be many improvements to the fine arts & athletic programs such as; Brazosport High School baseball, softball, and tennis court improvements, Hopper field improvements, instrument and uniform replacement for band and orchestra, drill team uniform replacement, and athletic equipment replacement.

The district will also get major maintenance & bus improvements and improvements to safety and security. There will be district-wide maintenance projects and new buses and district fleet devices. There will also be district-wide improvements including upgrades to security camera systems, alarm and access control systems, emergency communication equipment and police vehicles.

The technology department will also get a lot new improvements such as new computers for students and staff, network infrastructure, IP phone system and battery backup upgrades, and new software and equipment.

Finally, if this new bond gets passed, there will be a lot new instrumental materials/classroom technology. There will be new library/media center resources and interactive white boards, document cameras, and graphing calculators.